No visit of Budapest can be complete without visiting the historical core, the former de facto capital, royal seat, present romantic refuge and beloved area of locals. Let your guide lead you through the Buda Castle so you can get to know the stories behind it and see and visit the best sights of the area.
You'll see the real Budapest: from a historical perspective and cultural background to the everyday lives of people: the good, the bad - and if you want to hear - the ugly. Get ready for an honest, in-depth experience of Budapest where all questions are welcome!
Step back in time and take a stroll in the historical core of Buda with a historian. You will walk through the winding alleys, experience breathtaking views from the ramparts. Be ready for fascinating historical stories of Buda Castle from the Middle Ages to World War II. Hungarian history will come alive in front of you in the presentation of history buffs.
You'll explore the Buda Castle District:
- Enter Matthias Church, arguably the most beautiful church in Budapest.
- Visit the off-the-beaten-path part of the Castle District.
- See Alexander Palace, the Hungarian Presidential Palace.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Parliament & the Pest side.
- Visit Fisherman's Bastion, the most romantic place in town.
- See the Royal Palace and the Savoy terrace.
- Get to know the history of Budapest and Hungary.
based on 57 reviews.
Not recommended for people under the age of 14 years.Standard Cancellation Policy Standard Cancellation Policy
Relieve the stress with a bit of paint at the first Splatter Painting studio in Hungary!
See the Hungarian capital led by enthusiastic, local guides, and get an overview of Budapest's history and customs.
Hungary has the largest Jewish population in East-Central Europe and the second largest synagogue in the world